We dare say that if you could get your hands on fresh honeydew year-round, then this spritzer would be a must-have in all four seasons! It’s thirst-quenchingly refreshing without being too sweet, in part because of the two unique tastes spotlighted in this cocktail.
Have you tried St-Germain? It’s a French liqueur made with hand-picked, fresh elderflowers; every bottle contains up to 1,000 elderflower blossoms! Hendrick’s Gin boasts 11 botanicals, and is infused with rose and cucumber. Add those to sweet mandarin oranges and
honeydew plus tart lime, then kiss it off with sweet champagne, and marvel at the balanced drink it creates. Warning: You’ll want more than one.
Mandarin Honeydew Spritzer
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 6 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 1 honeydew melon, rind and seeds removed
- 2 limes, peeled
- 3 ounces Hendrick’s Gin
- 1 ounce St-Germain
- Sweet Champagne (we like Verdi Spumante)
- Juice together mandarin oranges, honeydew melon and limes. (A cold press juicer works best, but you can also use a food processor and then strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.)
- Combine 6 ounces juice, gin and St-Germain in a shaker tin with ice. Shake until chilled.
- Fill two glasses with ice and fill halfway with the mixture from the shaker. Top with champagne.
• • •
Ready to learn more about our menus and events? Schedule a consultation with one of our event managers today!
Robert Ryan Catering and Design plans and executes over 400 events each year, boasts a five-star rating on WeddingWire and has received WeddingWire’s Couple’s Choice/Bride’s Choice Award seven years in a row. Learn more about Robert Ryan Catering & Design and tour our venues. Subscribe to our e-newsletter for exclusive offers, up-to-date news and recipes from our executive chef.