It’s true: This cocktail has a warming winter vibe. But, really, you can’t go wrong with a winning combination any time of the year. Pro tip: Pears and ginger are available all year long in most good grocery stores.
The beauty of this cocktail is that it isn’t overly sweet, thanks to the spiced syrup that boasts some savory all-stars. It’s quick to make — and, even easier to enjoy!
Spiced Pear and Ginger Vodka Cocktail
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes, plus cooling time
For spiced syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 pears, peeled and cubed
- Fresh ginger, 3 1/2-inch pieces, peeled
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 3 slices orange peels
- Add all ingredients into a pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Strain syrup into a small jar and cool for 2 hours.
- Syrup may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 12 days.
- 1 ounce spiced ginger syrup
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka (your choice)
- 2 ounces plain sparkling water
- 1 pear slice, for garnish
- 1 rosemary sprig, for garnish
- In a shaker, add ice, syrup, lime juice and vodka, and shake well.
- Add clean ice to a glass. Strain mixture over ice.
- Top with sparkling water, and garnish with sliced pear and rosemary sprig.
• • •
Ready to learn more about our menus and events? Schedule a consultation with one of our event managers today!
Robert Ryan Catering and Design plans and executes over 400 events each year, boasts a five-star rating on WeddingWire and has received WeddingWire’s Couple’s Choice/Bride’s Choice Award seven years in a row. Learn more about Robert Ryan Catering & Design and tour our venues. Subscribe to our e-newsletter for exclusive offers, up-to-date news and recipes from our executive chef.
Photos courtesy of Robert Ryan Catering & Design