Weddings, rehearsals, showers — these precious events, and more, have been understandably postponed by the coronavirus pandemic. Delaying long-made plans with family and friends has hurt all our hearts.
We’ve been working closely with couples and planners, alike, to reschedule these events at one of Robert Ryan Catering & Design’s venues. Just as importantly, we’ve been working with many folks, helping them to pivot and to eventually host those events at home once social distancing requirements are loosened. Catering a home-based shower, rehearsal, wedding, graduation or other type of party or gathering is one of our specialities. Even extend your options by thinking outside the walls of your home to your backyard — we’ve got you covered!
Top reasons why people routinely host and cater events at home include:
- Flexibility: Choose any date you want.
- Savings: No venue fees or minimum number of guests.
- Convenience: Full-service catering — set up, service and breakdown — means you can relax and enjoy your party. Plus you don’t have to leave your home!
Check out these host-at-home tips from our events team. Some of the helpful links reference events at venues; but the advice still holds for a home-based bash:
- Scheduling can be quick because it’s your property. You can plan an event in one month or less by delegating tasks, reaching out to and booking vendors, using digital invitations, and working with a caterer that’s experienced in handling off-site events.
- Arranging the perfect wedding ceremony at your home venue is almost the same as doing so at a venue: You’ll want to hire an officiant early on in the planning process and discuss your dream ceremony, secure your license (here are links for information on marriage licenses for Chester County, Delaware County, Bucks County, Philadelphia County and Montgomery County), and map out the processional and recessional, including all who will play a part (that could include grandparents, kids and even pets, in addition to the traditional participants).
- Keeping an eye to these trends ups the game for the “party” part of the party! Consider a DJ, add eco-friendly touches, stock a killer bar, and have fun with cool ways to display cocktails for the wow factor, and add a few lawn games. It’s your event, at your place — think outside the tent!
- Contacting an event manager to kick around a few ideas, and to learn how to incorporate these tips into any type of social gathering, will give you peace-of-mind.
We know the stay-at-home orders have made life stressful. We’re here for you to put your plans into motion when the time is right. We’re in this together!
Robert Ryan Catering and Design plans and executes over 400 events each year, boasts a five-star rating on WeddingWire and has received WeddingWire’s Couples’ Choice/Bride’s Choice Award seven years in a row. Learn more about Robert Ryan Catering & Design and tour our venues. Subscribe to our e-newsletter for exclusive offers, up-to-date news, and recipes from our executive chef.
Feature photo by Moonloop Photography