Gatherings — they’re not just for family, and they’re not just for the holidays! No matter what the occasion, large event or small, they’re back. Bonus: There’s an element of fun running through corporate events, as planners and guests alike are leveling up after a few years of … well … we don’t want to say the “p” word.
Ok, we have to say the “p” word: It’s a relief to be together after the pandemic. Companies are working with venues’ experienced event planners to mount dinners, parties, meetings and more that are meaningful, educational, fun, entertaining or motivational — or, all of the above!
Working with an event planner means you can focus on your people, the event agenda and the corporate-side details knowing that everything else is handled. They’re experts at getting the most from your venue. Imagine being laser-focused on the company’s goals for these gatherings:
- Awards dinner
- Employee and/or customer appreciation events
- Grand opening
- New product launch
- Holiday party
- Summer barbecue
- Company picnic
- Company anniversary party
- Retirement party
- Conference post-party
Your professional event planner will secure the venue (possibly a tent!), the menu and beverages, and direct you to preferred partners for touches such as music, lighting, audio/visual and activities like games. Best of all, your event planner will hand that off to a day-of coordinator who will handle everything during your event. Perfect!
Event planners are a deep source of inspiration for activities, too! They’ll come up with fun ways to keep guests engaged. How about:
- Wine or liquor pairing event: Engage a winery or distillery with your caterer and let them craft a custom tasting menu. Your event planner will help you stock a killer bar, no matter what libations you choose.
- Team building activities: Make an impact while growing team spirit. Try building bikes for charity!
- Keynote speaker: Bring in an engaging and inspiring speaker to educate, enlighten or entertain. Topics could relate to your industry, or personal and professional development; or, you could bring the house down with a comedian.
- Themed event: Walk the Hollywood red carpet, dazzle with carnival performers, take a chance with casino night games or test everyone’s problem-solving skills with a murder mystery dinner.
Ready to party? Check the boxes on these top six tips that are sure to put a smile on your face as you plan how to do the same for your employees and stakeholders. Let’s go!
Note: Even though some of the links in this post point to wedding events, since the event planning process is similar, you can expect the same access to venues, food, amenities and activities!
• • •
Ready to learn more about our menus and events? Schedule a consultation with one of our event managers today!
Robert Ryan Catering and Design plans and executes over 400 events each year, boasts a 5-star rating on WeddingWire and has received WeddingWire’s Couples’ Choice/Bride’s Choice Award seven years in a row. Learn more about Robert Ryan Catering & Design and tour our venues. Subscribe to our e-newsletter for exclusive offers, up-to-date news and recipes from our executive chef.
Featured photo by Samantha Jay Photography