Sometimes a supporting player steals the show. Such is the case with this dish featuring a multi-citrus-infused vinaigrette that will take you from spring through summer and into fall’s long days. The best part? It’s simple to make, so you won’t be tempted to just grab something from the store.
Joining along is a symphony of flavors and textures from tender filet mignon, tropically sweet dragon fruit, savory arugula, tangy feta, fresh tomatoes and crunchy almonds. Get dinner on the table in no time with this memorable salad, a recipe from Robert Ryan Catering & Design.
Filet and Dragon Fruit Arugula Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 oz. of neutral flavored oil (such as canola)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. grilled filet mignon, sliced
- 1 dragon fruit, peeled, sliced and cut into crescents
- 1 pint arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag (2.25-oz.) sliced almonds
- 4 oz. feta cheese
1. Prepare the filet mignon using your favorite recipe, or purchase from your favorite supermarket’s prepared foods section. Set aside; can be served warm or cold.
2. Add zests, juices, white vinegar, honey and mustard to blender and blend on medium for 30-45 seconds. Slowly add oil, and blend for about one minute. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Place a generous amount of arugula in the middle of the plate. Top with cherry tomatoes, slivered almonds and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
4. Add four slices dragon fruit to the plate.
5. Add four slices filet mignon to the plate.
6. Serve and enjoy!
At Robert Ryan Catering & Design, We’re Here for You
The world is opening up — specifically, the Pennsylvania tri-state area! We’re here for you to put your plans in motion, whether they’re new plans or postponed plans. We’re in this together! Schedule a consultation with our event managers when you’re ready to find your place or to reschedule your special event. Did you know an event at home might be an option?
Robert Ryan Catering & Design plans and executes over 400 events each year, boasts a 5-star rating on WeddingWire and has received WeddingWire’s Couples’ Choice/Bride’s Choice Award seven years in a row. Learn more about Robert Ryan Catering & Design and tour our venues. Subscribe to our e-newsletterfor exclusive offers, up-to-date news, and recipes from our executive chef.—Nina MalonePhotos courtesy of Robert Ryan Catering & Design